Pages

April 27, 2010

The Prettiest Chef's Apron

If you are a friend of mine you will inevitably receive something handmade as a gift. I really enjoy coming up with new things to sew and craft for the people I care about. A couple of months ago I was coming up with a gift for a friend of mine who enjoys cooking. I wanted to make her an apron but I didn't want it to be too girly and it definitely had to be functional, from this the apron below was born.

The shape of the apron is similar to a traditional chefs apron with ties that double up and tie in the front, a pocket and a loop to hold a towel for your hands. All of these details allow it to be a functional apron that isn't too frilly. That said I wanted it to be reminiscent of an apron your mother or grandmother would have warn which led to the fabric choice. I then choice a 1 1/2 inch twill tape that was in the same colour family for the ties and trim.


I made a tag for the gift from a luggage tag that I stamped and embellished. I know that my friend Jessica is enjoying her new apron, I now plan on making one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment