Pages

April 21, 2010

Monograms and Personalization














Clockwise from top left: Sweaters (J. Crew), Stationary (Kate Spade for Crane), Tote bags (Martha Stewart.com), Christmas Crackers and Boxed Stationary with Martha Stewart Stamp Pad (Cassandra Radstaak)


From sweaters to stationary I can't get enough. There is something very satisfying about pulling out a card to handwrite a letter and seeing your name or initials printed, embossed or letter pressed onto a piece of card that could only represent one person - you. The same goes for sweaters, tote bags or even pyjamas and robes.

This past Christmas was all about personalization. I wanted to add a personal touch to our Christmas dinner with personalized Christmas crackers. I started with toilet paper rolls wrapped them with craft paper, stuffed them with shredded paper, toys and movie quotes, tied them up with some wide ribbon and embellished with japanese masking tape and each persons first initial. It was easy to execute and fun for everyone.

Personalized stationary, in my mind, is the gift that keeps on giving. I really wanted to make some stationary for my friend Ann Marie but have found that when I design stationary and give it as a gift people tend to want to save it and it doesn't get used. To combat this issue I decided to have a stamp made creating never ending possibilities for the recipient. It was very easy and reasonably priced.

If you're looking for a personal touch monogram it.

No comments:

Post a Comment